November 5, 2019
Dear Members of the Holland Christian Education Society:
The Holland Christian Board of Trustees is committed to providing children of Christian families with an exceptional educational experience, which meets the requirements of the State of Michigan and which incorporates a Reformed understanding of the Christian faith in its teaching and learning by equipping minds and nurturing hearts to transform the world for Jesus Christ. In order to fulfill the mission of Holland Christian Schools (HCS), the Board is once again looking for candidates to nominate to the Board at the annual Society meeting in April of 2020.
There are currently ten parents and supporters who are trustees on the Board. Three of those members will be completing their first terms in June 2020 and are eligible for renewal. The Board will be looking for at least one new trustee in 2020.
The Board is asking you to help in our nomination process by submitting the names of individuals who you feel could help further the mission of HCS and its vision for Christian education. It is important to remember that ours is a “governance board,” not a “representative board,” meaning our absolute priority is that mission and vision for the sake of our children and the glory of God. To that end, nominees must be a member of the Holland Christian Educational Society (an HC parent or donor) and must be a member in good-standing of a church that professes the Reformed creeds and confessions. In addition, eligible nominees cannot be employed by HCS or be a family member (spouse, parent, child) of an HCS employee. Because our Finance Committee chairman is retiring in 2021, this year we are specifically looking to add another member with that expertise.
Expectations for a Member of the Holland Christian Board of Trustees
A Holland Christian Trustee should:
- Be a committed Christian and an active member of a church of the Reformed perspective.
- Be a supporter of Holland Christian Schools.
- Have a passion for and commitment to Christian education.
- Have the ability to provide vision for the future of Christian education, including increasing enrollment.
- Be willing to assist with the fundraising efforts on behalf of Holland Christian Schools, including having a passion for addressing affordability issues.
Desired Characteristics for a Nominee for the 2020-2023 Term
The Trustee Committee is particularly interested in nominees who:
- Have a background in finance. Because our Finance Committee chairman is retiring in 2021, this year we are specifically looking to add another member with that expertise.
- Would expand the diversity of the Board, which continues as one of the Board’s priorities.
Please submit candidates’ names, telephone or cell phone numbers and email addresses using the form below. The deadline for submitting nominations is November 15, 2019. If you have questions, please send an email to me at email@example.com
Thank you for your help in developing leadership for Christian education in our community and beyond.
Trustee Committee Chair
Secretary of the Holland Christian Board of Trustees