/ Mission Statement & Goals
Holland Christian warmly welcomes homeschool families!
The (HC)2 Mission Statement is identical to the Holland Christian mission statement: “To equip minds and nurture hearts to transform the world for Jesus Christ.” You can learn more about this shared purpose and mission on the webpage here, and about our shared educational philosophy here. In accordance with this mission statement, our goals at (HC)2 are to:
- Nurture a child’s faith in Jesus Christ through prayer, scripture reading, and worship;
- Develop a child’s sense of wonder, knowledge and sills in the areas of Physical Education, Art, Music, Language Arts, Science, and Spanish;
- Build a caring community of learners while in the classroom, during recess and lunch;
- Partner with parents to develop students of character who are prepared spiritually and academically to meet the challenges of our world.
(HC)2 teachers are an amazing group of people, well educated, dedicated to teaching homeschool kids, and God-honoring! You can read more about their interests and backgrounds here.
Each Wednesday, for two 15-week semesters, students take part in both academic courses and “the specials.” In addition, our students enjoy the fun playground during recess!
- Art: We use different art materials, create 2-D and 3-D projects and learn about some famous artists.
- Music and Worship: We train our ears, learn musical symbols, and even write our own music and lyrics. Every time we gather, we tell God how awesome He is through musical worship!
- Physical Education: We play fun games together, focus on fitness (stretching, cardiovascular, core, and balance activities) and learn sports skills (catching, throwing, kicking, striking, etc.)
- Science Investigations: We learn about God’s world by hands-on discovery: reactions, energy, light, rocks, and animals.
- Spanish Exploration: Learn Spanish by doing! Sing songs, play games, and enhance language skills during the week with Holland Christian’s Spanish online activities.
- Language Arts: Through phonics/reading, grammar, composition, and presentation experiences, students will hone their oral and written communication skills. Grade level enrichment will be given to further the learning at home.
- Lunch and Recess: The playground offers endless fun activities including jump ropes, 4-square courts, swings, play structures, soccer fields, basketball courts, and much more!
If you have any questions about the (HC)2 Elementary School Program, please contact Krista Seabolt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the 2018-2019 calendar here.
|South Side||K||1st Grade|
|9:05-9:50am||Reading & Writing||Spanish|
|9:50-10:35am||Spanish||Reading & Writing|
|Pine Ridge||2nd & 3rd Grade||4th Grade||5th & 6th Grade|
/ How to Apply
Before You Apply
Once you’ve had an opportunity to explore the website, we’d love to meet you! For a personal tour, or if you simply have questions about the (HC)2 Elementary Program, please contact Krista Seabolt at email@example.com.
We are delighted that you are enrolling at Holland Christian Homeschool Connection!
- Please click here to apply online for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Along with your application, please submit a $50 deposit per child either securely within the online application using your credit card or by check payable to “Holland Christian Schools” with “(HC)2″ in the memo section. Your check would need to be mailed to:
Holland Christian Schools (HC)2
Attn: Krista Seabolt
956 Ottawa Ave.
Holland, MI 49423
- Whether by credit card or by check, the non-refundable $50 deposit will be applied toward your child’s tuition for the first semester. In the (rare) event that your child is placed on the waiting list, you will be notified and your deposit will be refunded.
- Once we receive your completed application, we will follow up with you to let you know about our “Meet the Teachers Night” in late August. This evening is an opportunity for you and your child(ren) to meet the Homeschool Coordinator, visit the classrooms, meet the educators directly involved in your child’s education, and answer any of your questions.
To learn about the 2018-2019 K-6th tuition payment options, click here. If you have any further questions about tuition or payment options, feel free to contact Terry VanDerKolk, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (616) 820-2807. We look forward to educating your children with you!
“I like that I have the opportunity to go to a Christian school. The teachers are amazing! They encourage us to do great. I think it’s great that we have encores such as Gym, Spanish, Art, Music. I think HC is the best school ever!”