Middle School June Newsletter
In my devotions last week I was struck by what Paul wrote in Philippians 4: “Rejoice in the Lord always.” What struck me as interesting is that he doesn’t stop with those words. I picture Paul pausing and thinking, “Wow, this is great advice!” and then he pens the following words: “I will say it again: REJOICE!” Paul found the words so impactful that he had to write them again as he sat in his prison cell. May we all be able to rejoice in the Lord each and every day despite the challenges and curve balls that come our way just like Paul did as he unjustly sat in a prison cell.
My prayer is that each of us can continually rejoice in the Lord always.
This year, we at the middle school have been rejoicing again and again for the following reasons:
- We have been rejoicing that we have the 6th grade students and teachers at the middle school for the first time in years.
- We have been rejoicing that our staff and students have been blessed with health this year.
- We have been rejoicing that the middle school has a beautiful renovation.
- We have been rejoicing that we could do extracurricular activities like sports and forensics and can complete the year with regular activities like going to 7th grade camp.
- We have been rejoicing that we stayed in person in school for the whole year.
- We have been rejoicing for the parents who provided an appreciation/blessing week last week for our staff. We enjoyed the notes, breakfast, pretzels and gift cards.
- We have been rejoicing that we have a great community of students, staff and parents.
- We have been rejoicing that we have Christ in the center of our life as we deal with all the challenges that life brings. (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me – Philippians 4: 13)
- We have been rejoicing that we have the fruits of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control.
- We have been rejoicing in the gift of salvation Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross gives us.
May you and your family rejoice this summer as we as a body of believers continue to do the following:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these – Mark 12:30-31
/ June at HCMS
Grades will be available on PowerSchool at 8am Friday, June 11. Please check in PowerSchool after this time to see the benefits of all your student’s hard work this school year!
Just a reminder: Immunizations for current 6th graders
Immunization Requirements for current 6th Graders: Please schedule a call/visit with your primary care physician to discuss any immunization needs for your child. All students MUST be up-to-date on their immunizations BEFORE they start 7th grade in the new school year. Any students without the required immunizations or approved waivers will not be allowed to enter school until they are complete and approved by the State of Michigan. Please see this information sheet listing immunization needs.
2021/2022 BOC Schedules
As we plan to build student schedules for the 2021-2022 school year, we will plan to schedule your rising 7th and 8th grade student(s) in their current Band, Orchestra or Choir (BOC) class. If they wish to move to a different music class, please inform us by sending an email to email@example.com, indicating Band, Orchestra or Choir before Wednesday, June 9. Rising 6th graders should also email the MS office with their choice. As stated before, every student must choose either Band, Orchestra or Choir; no study halls will be offered. Thank you!
2021/2022 School Sports Registration
All students in grades 6 through 12 who are interested in participating on an athletic team need to be registered by a parent for the sports they are interested in. Please register for athletics TODAY so coaches can communicate information about summer and the upcoming season.