Pine Ridge July Newsletter
Hello Pine Ridge Families!
We have been praying over you and your children this summer! We are excited to see your family in the fall and trust that you are enjoying the summer days. We are excited to hear all about the fun summer activities from your kiddos soon. The grand day has come….Class lists!!! Please know that there has been lots of thought and prayerful consideration for EACH child paired with each teacher. While all of our teachers have differences in their teaching style, personality and classroom management , I am confident and so grateful that each teacher loves his/her children with their WHOLE heart. Please find the class lists linked at the bottom of this document.
Our Pine Ridge family continues to grow and this is so exciting! We are welcoming new 3rd, 4th and 5th graders not only to our building but to the Holland Christian Community. As you see these new faces in the hall and outside on the lawn, please reach out to them and welcome them to your classroom communities! I pray that each child would find Pine Ridge to be like a second home.
Pine Ridge Elementary Principal
Good News From Food Services
Breakfast will be offered as students enter the building each morning to take to their class. Students must choose a fruit along with 1 other choice—we encourage our students to take 3 items.
FREE Breakfast Menu Choices:
- Fresh, canned fruit options and or 100% juice,
- Low sugar cereal bowls or muffins
- Yogurt, Cheese choices, or Boiled Eggs
- 1% White Milk
Lunch will be free as well with all the favorite options as before! To see all food service options for all our schools see the back to school food service options flyer
Safety Policy Updates
- Face coverings will be optional during summer sports camps and will continue to be optional when we begin the school year on August 24, 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccines will not be required for your child to attend school this fall.
- COVID-19 testing for participation in school athletics will no longer be required.
- Our student bodies can begin to gather together in large groups again! Think: chapel, assemblies, convocation, and more.
- We will continue to contact trace (providing information only, no quarantines required) and notify close-contacts of their exposure to positive COVID-19 cases at school.
We acknowledge that there are individuals who may have health concerns that make them more susceptible to COVID-19 and are at higher risk. We support your personal decisions to protect yourself and your family and will continue to do our best as a school system to prioritize the health of all students, families, and staff.
We are excited to be able to meet once again as a whole school for chapel in our gym. Stay tuned for more details as the first day of school approaches.
Ice Cream Social
Please save the date! Our Ice Cream Social will be held on Thursday, August 19 from 6:30-8 PM. It feels natural to congregate with the people that you know and celebrate friendships. I encourage you to please be on the lookout for NEW families and faces. They are eager to experience a warm welcome to Pine Ridge! Please extend an introduction and learn the stories of those you may not be familiar with! The Ice Cream Social will be open house format. You are welcome to visit the classroom, meet your child’s teacher, bring in your child’s school supplies, and enjoy some ice cream.
3rd-5th Grade Meet the Teacher Night
On Thursday, August 26th from 7:00-8:30 PM we look forward to having parents join us for an evening of meeting your child’s teacher for the upcoming school year.
Class and Supply Lists
Health Appraisal and Immunization Requirements
Health appraisals are required for our 2021-22 incoming preschool and Kindergarten students. As you schedule your well child appointments with your health care provider, please be aware these evaluations will need to be completed. All students must be up-to-date on their immunizations BEFORE they start the new school year. Any students without the required immunizations or approved waivers will not be allowed to begin school until they are complete and approved by the State of Michigan. We are grateful for your help with this!
- 17 – South Side Preschool Meet the Teacher Night
- 19 – South Side & Pine Ridge Ice Cream Social
- 24 – 1st Day of School (Full Day)
- 25 – South Side Parent Information Night
- 26 – Pine Ridge Parent Information Night
- 3 – No School