Rose Park News Blog, 1/26/18
Dear Rose Park Family and Friends,
I’m still basking in the blessing of a very encouraging Discovery Night last night! We had a very good turnout (75 people!) curious to learn more about both Rose Park, Holland Christian, and all of our offerings, including Spanish Immersion. There was a wonderful spirit, great conversations, and meeting of new friends, as well as old. I am so grateful for God’s blessing on our evening. We were able to passionately share as a staff our love for God, kids, and learning, and the stories of God’s blessing here everyday. Please pray with us now for these families as they consider God’s leading for their children’s education next year and into the future. Again, please pray with us for the opportunity to partner with even more parents and families for God’s glory and the upbuilding of his Kingdom! And, if you know of anyone desiring a tour and conversation, please bring them by and introduce them to me. I’ll clear my calendar anytime for these conversations! Are you telling your Holland Christian story, too? Please continue to do so!
As always, may you bless and be blessed this weekend in rest, recreation, and in awe-filled worship. This has been another growth, meaning and joy-filled week at Rose Park, partnering with you and the rest of the staff, equipping young and eager minds, nurturing soft and tender hearts, to transform the world for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
2018-19 Kindergarten Enrollment
We will offer 3 Day+, 5 Day, and 5 Day Spanish Immersion kindergarten classes this fall. Families with children already in Holland Christian Schools prek-12th grade may enroll early beginning February 6 from 7 am – 7 pm. (We will not process registrations submitted prior to February 6 at 7 am.) Early enrollment will close on February 6 at 7 pm and open to the public on February 7 at 7 am. Enroll online at: https://www.hollandchristian.org/admissions/k-12th-grade-application/. Please enroll your child in kindergarten by March 1 in order for us to prepare class lists. Children will need to be 5-years-old by September 1, 2018, to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
2018-19 Preschool Enrollment
Preschool enrollment opens early for families with children already at Holland Christian Schools prek-12th grade February 13 from 7 am – 7 pm at hollandchristian.org/admissions/preschool-application/. (We will not process applications received prior to February 13 at 7 am.) Early enrollment will close on February 13 at 7 pm and open to the public on February 14 at 7 am. Preschool enrollment requires a $75 deposit. With our 3-year-old, 4-year-old, and Junior Kindergarten morning classes, afternoon enrichment classes, and before and after school care parents can create a fully customized preschool schedule, ranging from part-time to full-time enrollment. Click here to learn all about our preschool offerings, including class schedules and tuition rates: https://www.hollandchristian.org/schools/preschool/
After School Carpool, Driveway, Parking Lot Reminders
At the start of our 2nd semester we like to remind everyone of some key points in our Carpool, Driveway, and Parking Lot protocol. Here are some key reminders:
- Generally, we only load students in the “loading zone” as indicated by the solid white lines painted across the drive, and by signs on the sidewalk next to the drive. Do not call your students back behind the loading zone. We want to make sure we have eyes on every student making their way to your cars, and we need to limit that loading zone to the designated lined space. Occasionally, however, under direct supervision of a staff member, we will allow students to load behind the designated loading zone, especially in inclimate weather to get students to shelter and warmth as safely and quickly as possible.
- When all cars are loaded in the loading zone, staff will dismiss each file of cars, one at a time, in the loading zone. Any cars behind the loading zone will then move forward to park in the loading zone until this next group of cars is filled with staff assistance and the files are dismissed safely, again, one at at time.
- When people are moving, cars are not; when cars are moving, people are not. Once your car is in the loading zone, lock it down, and do not move again until invited to do so by the staff member at the front of the loading zone.
- If you are walking with your child(ren) to the parking lot, do not walk through the carpool lines. Rather, cross in front of the carpool lines only when we are loading students, waiting, of course, when we are dismissing cars.
Illness Procedures Reminder
With flu season upon us we want to remind you of a few guidelines we have in place at Rose Park. If your child is not feeling well, please keep him/her home. Students must be fever free for 24 hours without use of a fever reducing medication before he/she may return to school. Please let us know each day your child will be absent. You may call and talk to us directly, leave a message on the 24 hour-a-day voice mail, or you may email Mrs. Steenwyk at email@example.com or Mrs. Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your child has an appointment during the day, please email the teacher or send a note stating the time you will pick up your child. We will have your child waiting for your arrival in the office.
Wacky Wednesday’s are Back!
Sometimes the month of February can be a bit dreary. We are going to spice up every Wednesday in February by making it wacky!
- Wednesday February 7 -Wacky Hair Day
- Wednesday February 14 – Pink, Red, and White Day
- Wednesday February 21 – Hat & Silly Sock Day
- Wednesday February 28 – Backwards Day
Preschool Mornings With Moms
Attention ALL Preschool Moms: Please join us for Preschool Mornings with Moms on Thursday, February 1 after morning drop-off in the small gym. Grab a cup of coffee and meet other moms of preschoolers. Younger siblings are welcome to attend.
Rose Park Elementary Clase De Espanol
Are you curious what your child is learning in Spanish with Maestra De Leon? She has created a blog Rose Park Elementary Clase De Espanol. Here you can find your favorite videos, songs and games from class. Maestra De Leon also posts pictures of the wonderful learning that is occurring.
Rose Park Roller Skating
Please join us at Home Rink on Thursday February 8 from 6:00pm-7:45pm. 12521 James Street Holland, MI 49424 $5.00 admission includes skate rental. NEW! We will be offering pizza slices for $1.00 a slice.
NEW Rose Park Recess Duty Sign Up
There is a new recess duty sign up available. Dates available go through spring break. The sign up availability changes often. Feel free to check it to see if there are days that could work in your schedule. We greatly appreciate your assistant on our playground! The time commitment is 12:10-12:50. Younger siblings are welcome to come and play as well!
To sign up, please click here .
Securing the Building
Rose Park is blessed with a beautiful facility and it is getting used more than ever with after school and evening gym rentals. As with the rest of our HC facilities, we continue to look for ways that we can secure the rest of the building while making the gym open for rental use. Consequently, if you are ever here in the evenings, you may find areas of the building secured that haven’t been to this point. Thank you for understanding our desire to keep our building, its people and contents as secure as possible during the day and after hours, as well.
Super Bowl is coming! Remember your party needs with shopwithscrip (Gordon Foods, Family Fare, Meijer, Walmart and Target to name a few)
With Valentine’s Day around the corner here are some ideas all your special people:
Target, Walmart, Meijer and Family Fare–kids class Valentines
West Coast Cash, VIP and 1800Flowers—for your flowers needs
Dining Concept, West Coast Cash and VIP (plus other restaurants in shopwithscrip)—–for your dining enjoyment
Remember to place your order on time. Questions? Email email@example.com
6th Grade Moving up to Middle School Sports Physicals
The Athletic Department of Holland Christian Schools is offering students entering grades 7-12 the opportunity to complete a state-required athletic physical. This required physical will allow your student to participate in athletic events throughout the 2018-2019 school year. Note: this exam must be dated after April 15 to be valid. Physicals will be given Tuesday, April 17 from 6:30-9:00 PM at South Washington Family Medicine (Lakeshore Health Partners, 904 Washington Ave., #210), for the nominal fee of $15. For a simple and quick appointment, we will again be using SignupGenius for scheduling appointments online. Please look for the link to be sent in an upcoming email. 2018-2019 physical forms will be available on our website and in school offices.
Girls on the Run Ottawa & Allegan Counties
There will be a final shoe fitting at the Holland location on 1/27/2018 from 9:00am-12:00pm. If you have not done so already, please plan to stop by on the 27th to be fit for your shoes. Please email Laurien Dannenberg with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to have you join us for our All School chapels on Wednesday mornings at 10:35 AM in the elementary gym. We welcome parents and friends to join us in worship as we discover how we can grow in cultivating shalom.
January Hot Lunch Menu
- 30 – A.C.E. classes
- 1 – Preschool Mornings with Moms
- 2 – K-6 Report Cards come home (2/1 for Mrs. Bos’ K)
- 2 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 6 – A.C.E. classes
- 7 – Kindergarten enrollment begins
- 7 – Wacky Wednesday – Wacky hair day
- 8 – Rollerskating at Home Roller Rink 6:00pm-7:45pm
- 9 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 13 – A.C.E. classes
- 14 – Preschool enrollment begins
- 14 – Wacky Wednesday – Pink, red, and white day
- 16 – No School – Staff Development
- 19- No School – Winter Break
- 20 – A.C.E. classes
- 21 – Wacky Wednesday – hat & silly sock day
- 23 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 28 – Wacky Wednesday – backwards day
- 1 – Rose Park night at Potbelly Sandwiches
- 2 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 3 – Kids’ Stuff Resale at Holland Christian High School
- 6 – Dutch Costume Resale at Harderwyk Ministries 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- 9 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 9 – Family Fun Night at Rose Park
- 16 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 23 – Mom’s in Prayer 8:15am-9:05am
- 26 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00pm-8:00pm
- 28 – Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00pm-8:00pm
- 30 – No School – Spring Vacation until April 6
- 9 – Classes Resume
Moms In Prayer
in the library. All Moms are always welcome to sit in, observe and pray along silently.
LORD, may ________ live by every word that comes from Your mouth. Deut. 8:3b
6th, 7th, 8th Grade Softball for girls
Zeeland Christian & Holland Christian 6th, 7th and 8th graders interested in playing softball are encouraged to attend an informational meeting and sign up for our club team through the City of Holland. Please click on the link for information: https://www.teamsideline.com/sites/cityofholland/content/167/Youth-Softball
TTQ Spring Season Online registration is open!
Parents of 3rd-5th grade boys: the TTQ spring season is starting soon!! We now have online registration available! https://www.raceplanner.com/register/index/TTQSpring2018 The spring season will start the week of February 26 and end with the Tulip Time 5k on May 5th!! Contact Brandon at email@example.com with any questions you have! Looking forward to a great spring season!
Dutch Costume Resale[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.hollandchristian.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DutchCostumeResale.pdf”]
The Holland Area Newcomers are holding their 67th annual Dutch Costume Resale. The event will be held on Tuesday, March 6 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at Harderwyk Ministries 1627 West Lakewood Blvd Holland, MI 49424. Click here for more information.
Park Township Recreation Department
The Park Township Winter/Spring 2018 Program is out! Registration for all classes opens today. This includes Spring Soccer. You can register online at recreation.parktownship.org or stop in the Park Township Office (52 – 152 Ave, Holland)
There is free roller-skating at The Community Building (1286 Ottawa Beach Rd.) every Saturday 12:30-2pm. Rent skates for just $1!
Holland Recreation Department
The city of Holland Recreation Department offers many great programs for winter including 3 on 3 basketball tournaments, 5th-8th grade Basketball leagues, wrestling clinic, and a Parent’s Night Out. Click here for more information.
Join the dance! Become a Tulip Time Kinder Dutch Dancer!
Tulip Time is looking for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders interested in becoming Dutch Dancers! Kinder Dutch Dance information and registration can be found at www.tuliptime.com/kinder-dutch-dance. Take a peek at this City of Holland Kinder Dutch Dance video to see what Kinder Dancing is all about. Have questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.