Rose Park News 8/29/19
Dear Rose Park Family and Friends,
West Ottawa busing has began.
- All cars use the east drive only, coming in off from Butternut, and using the entrance to the parking lot closest to the strip mall next door, and exiting using the drive closest to Rose Park. We have designed traffic flow to be one-way only in this fashion.
- Buses only are allowed to use the west drive. Again, no cars should use the west drive before and after school. If you are dropping off a middle or high schooler for the morning shuttle, please park and wait in the parking lot, or simply drop them off in the drive to wait for the bus.
- We have added 10 newly striped parking spots along the sidewalk of the west drive. These are for staff parking only to free up more spaces in the parking lot for parents.
A few after school carpool reminders:
- When your car is in the loading zone area – please turn on your hazard lights UNTIL you have all the children in your carpool, then turn lights off.
- If your child does not see you or has not come to your car, feel free to ask staff on duty to help your riders find their way to your car. Please stay inside of your car.
- Do not allow your children to come to your car if you are not yet in the loading area.
- Please use the carpool plan whenever possible. If you must come and get your children from the sidewalk, please park in the designated parking spots and walk in front of the loading zone area, not between cars that are waiting in the carpool lanes.
- For a more complete explanation of our carpool, parking lot, and driveway instructions, please click and read this document.
Whether you are new or experienced at Rose Park, for your convenience, here is a link to our Elementary Handbook found on the HC website. Please refer to the handbook for general information, or with specific questions you may have about life at Rose Park.
Please report to us if your child(ren) is going to be absent. This needs to be done each day they will not be in school. Also, we would appreciate it if they were reported in by 8:45 AM, but you can call and leave a message anytime before that time. If you do not call us, and if the child’s teacher does not know about the absence, we will try to call you. (This policy is to protect your child–we want to ensure your child’s safe arrival at school
Hot Lunch Accounts
There are two ways to add funds to your child’s hot lunch account:
- You may drop off a check made out to Holland Christian to our Rose Park office and the funds will be added.
- Add funds on line through sendmoneytoschool.com (there is a small fee with this method)
You may also check the balance on your student’s lunch account:
- go to www.hollandchristian.org
- click on Schools, then Parent Resources.
- Click on the Hot Lunch Tab.
- On the right hand side is the link: sendmoneytoschool.com
- Set up a new account for your family. You will need your email address, and a password you would like to use.
- Your student’s ID number will be needed to link your child to your account. Please contact either our RP office for this number, or ask your child’s teacher.
- Please contact Carla or Diane in the RP office with any questions!
Hot Lunch Menu
Important To Do Today
It is imperative that you update your demographic information in PowerSchool now with your latest and most accurate contact information. Simply go in your browser to ps.hollandchristian.org, and, if you are a returning parent, log in with your personal log in and password. If you have difficulty, click the “If you are having trouble…” link to retrieve your log in information.
If you are a first-time parent, you should have received already an email with your student’s unique access ID and password. (If you have not seen this email, dated 8/9/18, please check your spam folder.) Then, create a login for yourself. Click the “demographic change” button on the left of the screen. This information is necessary for field trip participation, emergency response and treatment, student photo permission, and for the office to easily be able to contact a parent or guardian as needed or desired. When listing your child’s emergency contacts, please be sure to list two contacts other than yourself. Again, please do this today to ensure that your child’s teacher has the most accurate contact information for you. The teachers do a lot of communicating with parents especially at the start of the year, and we want to make sure that you receive all of this communication. Thank you!
Medical Information Reminder
Parents: if your child has a medical plan on file or takes meds at school, we need an updated form signed by their physician each school year. So, if you have not done this yet, please do so asap. You are welcome to contact our school nurse, Hendrina Cupery (email@example.com). She will help you set up a plan for the office to assist in administering the medication. For safety reasons, Holland Christian Schools is not able to dispense any medication (prescription or non-prescription) to our students without a doctor’s order. Thank you!
Homecoming 2019 Family Event
Have a few extra hours in your day?
Total Trek Quest (TTQ) for 3rd-5th Grade Boys
TTQ is a fun, high energy program designed exclusively for boys in 3rd-5th grade! TTQ incorporates strength and stretching exercises with training for a 5K. Boys in this program will develop positive peer relationships and feel a part of a team while working toward individual goals. Additional practice activities focus on developing a healthy lifestyle, social/relationship skills, how to make healthy decisions, and being proud of who they are.
* Practices last for 90 minutes immediately after school . Program includes the kick-off event, 18 practices, and the final event.
* Included during practices: a healthy snack, games, strength and stretching exercises, and running. Please send water bottles and athletic clothes that are weather appropriate!
* Final Event will be on November 10. Registration for TTQ boys is included in the program. Parents and friends are encouraged to participate.
* Total Trek Quest is coached by adults who have completed program training, CPR/First Aid certification, central registry clearance and background checks. Coaches are always needed, please consider being a coach!
* If school is cancelled for any reason, TTQ will also be cancelled that day.
For more information or questions contact Brandon Melnyk at 616-450-4651 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost is $45.00, but scholarships are available. Late registration may also be accepted. Allegan/Ottawa: https://www.raceplanner.com/re gister/index/TTQFall2018AO
TTQ Coaches Needed
Do you enjoy being outdoors and running with 3rd-5th grade boys while instilling into them good practices and behaviors for their health and physical activity? Then becoming a TTQ coach may be just the thing for you. Coaches are needed for Rose Park boys in 3rd-5th grades. For more information or if you have questions contact Brandon Melnyk at 616-450-4651 or email@example.com
Our elementary counselor, Mrs. DeeDee Throop is here every Tuesday and Friday mornings to assist with any personal or social situations that might arise with our students. She has 15 years of teaching experience and is starting her 18th year as a counselor. She loves our children and thinks of herself as a “cheerleader” for them. If you have questions or concerns about your child, please call, email, or drop in on a Tuesday or Thursday to see her. God bless you as you parent your precious children. firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to have you join us for our All School chapels on Wednesday mornings at 10:35 AM in the elementary gym. We welcome parents and friends to join us in worship as we discover how we can grow in cultivating shalom.
For those of you really planning ahead, Rose Park’s picture days are Wednesday, September 19, and Thursday, September 20. More specific information and scheduling will come once we are underway through classroom and the Rose Park blogs.
14- Homecoming Event
19 – Picture Day
20 – Picture Day
22 – Kids Stuff Resale
26 – Walkathon
28 – No School – Staff Development
4 – Grandparents’ day
23 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
25 – CEA – No School
26 – CEA- No School
1 – Preschool Dad’s night
2 – 5/6th grade Donuts with Dads
21 – 1/2 day
22 – 23 – Thanksgiving Break
Moms In Prayer
Welcome back Moms! Hope you’ve made some great summer memories. All Moms are invited to Moms In Prayer on Friday mornings in the Rose Park library from 8:15-9:05 am. Our first week back will be Friday, September 14. We’ll go through the four steps of prayer as listed on our weekly prayer sheet: Praise, Repentance (silent), Thanksgiving, and Supplication or requests. We have a section of time for you to pray scripture for your student and another Mom will echo your prayer. This is a powerful spiritual weapon for a Mom to posses. If you have questions please call or text Kathy Schut at 616-875-8912.
Please enter your student(s) name in this prayer:
God, may ________ take joy in doing Your will because Your instructions are written on his heart.
From Psalm 40:8 (NLT)
Please contact Kathy Schut with any questions. 616-875-8912,
KIDS STUFF RESALE
The Kids Stuff Resale will be on Saturday morning, September 22 from 9-12 at Holland Christian High School. For more information, please email kidsale@ hollandchristian.org or call 616 820-2805.
Golf Lessons are now available for students ages 7-17 in Holland through The First Tee, a non-profit that teaches golf and values to ANY child regardless of family income. Sign up HERE for sessions at Macatawa Legends or Winding Creek. Classes begin August 27 or September 7 so register soon!